1. Talk about religion instead – Maybe you want to take this opportunity to convert your family to Scientology!
2. Tell your parents you are dropping out of college – Who cares if it’s true or not; lying is fun sometimes.
3. Come out to your parents – It's as good a time as any to make that confession.
4. Enlighten your young family members on the birds and the bees – Seems like a great opportunity to have that confusing and traumatic conversation.
5. Fake your own death – If you have that one family member persistent on talking about politics, this is your ultimate contingency plan.
By Hannah Davis Johns, Staff Writer